Whilst the team is yet to see the blood, much sweat and the occasional tear has been shed whilst building what we believe is a game-changing business simulation…
SimVenture Evolution absorbed 5 years of our lives. But everyone involved in the project knows the time was well spent. The new learning solution takes all that is good from the original SimVenture Classic software and adds a range of new features (bulleted below).
All research with and feedback from 9 Partner Universities indicates the new technology will advance learning and teaching in the fields of business, management and entrepreneurial leadership.
SimVenture Evolution launched in the spring of 2016 and was accompanied by support films and a range of teaching, training and learning materials. Watch the walkthrough films and review the written resources on the company website.
Scale-up business simulation – what makes it different?
Since the original software (SimVenture Classic) was created in 2006, the team has been learning from and working with people throughout the world. We’ve been continually gathering feedback and discovering what is needed so teachers and trainers can work more efficiently and effectively and users can access engaging and authentic resources that accelerate and embed learning. SimVenture Evolution is the result of this work.
Below is a summary of the on-line simulation’s key features:
- Evolution is an on-line start-up and scale-up business simulation allowing user access wherever there is an internet connection
- Being on-line means there is no need to install proprietary software on internal systems
- Multi-platform access – Evolution can be used on Mac, Tablet or PC
- Multi-player functionality allows people to compete against other people or the computer
- Users run a business for up to 10 simulated years and addresses all major areas of business
- Using different computers, teams can work together or work remotely on the same ‘game’
- The sophisticated simulation engine is designed so markets fluctuate and replicate real-world behaviour
- Relevant information about key business and entrepreneurship issues is included within the software
- Control tower functionality allows teachers/trainers to set, observe, communicate with and assess work remotely
- Bite-size activities are incorporated into the simulation so teachers can focus on subjects, themes & relate work to course objectives
- User data is continually captured allowing for powerful in-depth post simulation reflections and presentations
- The scale-up business simulation can be translated into any language
- Teachers/trainers can add relevant information, images and web-links
- Offered from £20 per user, Evolution is the cost of a text book but gives the user much more
- Using simple account login access, Evolution provides a flexible, powerful and personal learning resource
As part of the build up to the launch of Evolution, we were delighted that 9 Higher Education Institutions chose to Partner with the team and as a result receive site wide use of the game-changing business simulation as well as training and materials.
If you have any queries, suggestions or ideas about using the learning solution, please do get in touch or leave a note in this post. Free evaluation copies are available to teachers and trainers.
And in the spirit of the subject and the time of year, here’s a Santa simulator I found which you may also like to try…